Pre-order your copy of Tales of Arise today!
Dear Sword Art Online fans,
Thank you for playing SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris.
There may be some cases where the game may not function properly under certain environments and/or hardware combinations.
We are aware of several bugs and errors that exist in SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris Ver 1.01. We have been making note of these issues and are looking into solutions to improve gameplay as quickly as possible.
■ Common to all platforms (PlayStation®4/Xbox One/STEAM®)
(1) The game has a chance to freeze or get stuck in the below conditions:✤ Main quests:– Chapter 1: Heading to the 100th floor form the 95th floor in the Central Cathedral– Chapter 1: “Labyrinth of Memories”– Chapter 1: “All That You Can Be” event (Sadore’s event)– Chapter 1: “First Real Fight” On some occasions, the player cannot progress through the event after they talk to Ronie and Tiese.– Chapter 2: An event heading to the Sustira Village in the Sothercrois.– Chapter 3: “Clamp Cluster” event✤ Others:Partner characters will trigger an event that prohibits the player to go beyond the playable area, and will repeat labeling the same text.
→ Planned timing for fix: Late July*For temporary solutions to prevent these issues, please read the “Solutions” below.
(2) Players clipping through environments or falling through the map.– When the player is not targeted by the enemy, select [MAP] > [Fast Travel] and transport to a near location.– When the player is targeted by the enemy, you cannot use [Fast Travel], thus you will have to restart the application.– When a partner character is stuck in the map and not clipping through the environment, you can switch to that character which will then teleport them to their usual location.
→ Planned timing for fix: Late July
(3) Choosing online multiplayer will change the progress of the main quest.
– When the host of the party is further into the main quest than other party members, the party member(s) has a chance for the progress of their main quest to change.– If the progress of the main quest shown in your game is further than it was previously, please do not save the game and restart your application.– Moving to another area will save the game, thus we do not recommend doing this if the progress of your main quest has changed after playing online multiplayer.
*Please note that if you happen to save the game, you will have to load from the chapter save data.
→ Temporary solution: Please play the online multiplayer mode after completing the main game or please wait for the release of the patch planned in late July.
(4) Loading time(5) Frame rate drops(6) Camera controls(7) Auto save feature
*Until the update patch releases, please make sure to manually save the game occasionally.(8) Common bugs and error fixes and usability improvements
For (4) ~ (8), we are planning improvements in future updates.
■ Bugs and errors specific to STEAM®(9) Loading time
→ Temporary solution: Turning the Vertical Synchronizing signal off from selecting [Graphics Settings] in the title screen will improve the loading time. However, this solution may cause other issues so please save the game occasionally.(10) Mouse/Key controls
– Cameras will be controllable without holding down the right click button.
*For (9) and (10), we are planning to improve these issues in future updates.
→ Planned timing for fix: Late July.
Chapter 1: Heading to the 100th floor from the 95th floor in the Central Cathedral
[Details]At the 95th floor, if the player dodges on the stairs down to the 93rd floor, they will be able to access the 93rd floor which is usually blocked. The player will not be able to return to the 95th floor which causes a soft lock in the game.
[Temporary Solutions]– Do not dodge near the stairs in the 95th floor.– If you accidentally went back to the 93rd floor, please go back to the title menu and load the game from the latest chapter.
Chapter 1: “Labyrinth of Memories”
[Details]The player will not be able to go down to the 90th floor from the 95th floor, being blocked by a invisible wall.
[Temporary Solutions]– Use quick moves such as the sword skill “Sonic Leap”, or dodging, has a chance to allow the player to go down to the 90th floor.
Chapter 1: “All That You Can Be” event (Sadore’s event)[Details]– If the player accepts the service quest “Marriage Mishap”, during the “All That You Can Be” event, the player will get stuck when moving to Sadore’s shop while being told to go to Abyssena’s shop.
[Temporary Solutions]– Do not accept the service quest– If “Marriage Mishap” is already accepted, head to Abyssena’s shop before heading to Sadore’s shop
Chapter 1: “First Real Fight”
[Details]– During the event “First Real Fight”, the player cannot progress through the event after talking to Ronie and Tiese on some occasions.
[Temporary Solutions]– After talking to Ronie or Tiese, talk to the other character without saving or loading.
*If this issue already occurred and you cannot proceed please wait until the release of the patch planned on late July.
Chapter 2: An event heading to Sustira Village in the Sothercrois.
[Details]– In Sustira Village, located in the Sothercrois, the main quest symbol disappears and soft locks the game.
[Temporary Solutions]– As the destination is Sustira Village, the red “!” symbol can be seen in the World Map through the main menu over the Deusoldort Desert. When viewing the detailed map, the main quest symbol will be shown on the location of Sustira Village.– Using the Carriage to transport to the Sothercrois may allow the main quest accessible.
Chapter 3: “Clamp Cluster” event
[Details]– After completing the “Clamp Cluster” event in Chapter 3, the player will not be able to proceed due to being blocked by an invisible wall even after the event starts.
[Temporary Solution]– Please load the save data of chapter three from the [Load Chapter] in the title screen, and fight against the Clamp Cluster again.
When the event Chapter 3 event “Clamp Cluster” starts, only defeat the Clamp located in the Cordea Plains of Norlangarth.
Partner characters will trigger an event that prohibits the player to go beyond the playable area, and will repeat labeling the same text.
[Details]– During Chapter 2 in ” Warmia Greenbelt” or ” Williria Town “, where an NPC blocks the player to proceed any further, there is an issue that the same text continues to be stated by the Partner characters if they enter the blocked area.– In Chapter 2 during the event searching for the “Desertproof Cloak” in ” Deusoldort Desert”, where an NPC blocks the player to proceed any further, there is an issue that the same text continues to be stated by the Partner characters if they enter the blocked area.– In Chapter 3 during the event of eliminating the “Clamp” in “Cordea Plains”, where an NPC blocks the player to proceed any further, there is an issue that the same text continues to be stated by the Partner characters if they enter the blocked area.
[Temporary Solution]– When you have a partner walking with you, there is a high chance the partner will walk ahead of you, thus please stay away from NPCs blocking the path.– When this issue occurs, please restart the application.
Thank you for your continued support, patience, and feedback.