Pre-order your copy of Tales of Arise today!
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Asia is a Private Company Limited Company (Pte Ltd company), with a share capital of 10,000, registered with the Trade and Companies Registry of Singapore, under number 200306707E, with registered office located at 9 Raffles Place, #13-20 Singapore 048619.
BANDAI NAMCO processes personal data concerning you as a controller in the context of the use of its website accessible via the following address: https://www.bandainamcoent.asia, and when you play BANDAI NAMCO games.
It respects privacy and protects the personal data of users of the services it offers.
Information you voluntarily provide
• Identification data and data for communication purposes such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other information we can use to personally identify you, or contact you online or by any other means.
• Payment information such as your bank card details, billing and delivery information.
• Demographic data, which could contain the following types of information: age, date of birth, education level, sex, products owned/played, favourite games, favourite genres, favourite subjects, favourite characters, and any other non-personal or survey-type information, such as hobbies, preferences, interests and specific skills. This list is not exhaustive.
• Login data, such as usernames, passwords, secret answers to certain security questions, or similar information we may use to accurately identify you or your account before authorising you to access account information or certain online activities. Login credentials (e.g. your username) for certain online accounts are sometimes personal (e.g. an email address) or linked to other personal information.
• Data related to your BANDAI NAMCO that you agree to share by linking your BANDAI NAMCO account and your Steam account. This list is not exhaustive.
Information collected passively or automatically
• Technical data, which may include certain information or details about your personal computer, console, mobile device or other peripherals (e.g. operating system, web browser, your IP [Internet Protocol] address, name and version of programs installed on your computer, locale information). Most technical information (such as that described above) remains anonymous and cannot be used to personally identify you, although identification is still possible through certain personal information such as an email address.
• Usage data, which may contain non-technical information about: (i) how you use, browse or view content on our websites (“website usage” or “browsing history”), and (ii) the products you buy online (“order history”). Certain usage information may be associated, linked or able to be cross-referenced with other information in your account, including personal data.
We do not intentionally collect any personal data about minors under the age of 16 without permission from a parent or legal guardian. BANDAI NAMCO is the only legal entity entitled to use the personal information we collect about children. Under no circumstances will controllership of this information be sold or transferred to third parties without prior consent from parents or legal representatives.
The privacy of children is a priority for us and we encourage parents to take an active and constant interest in their children’s online activity. If we find we have inadvertently collected personal data about children under the age of 16 without permission from a parent or legal guardian, we will immediately take all necessary and reasonable measures to delete the information from our systems.
Any online user may ask for their personal data to be deleted. We will delete the data as soon as possible, except where the applicable laws and regulations impose a different retention period.
We may collect data from users of our websites or our games when they:
• Browse or use our games
• Register on our websites
• Search or shop for products on our websites
• Purchase games on our websites
• Subscribe to our newsletter
• Participate in surveys, polls and questionnaires
• Enter contests, games or other promotions
• Contact customer or technical support
• Access certain website content
The legal bases of our data processing
We process data only if at least one of the following applies:
• You have given consent to the processing of your data;
• the existence of our legitimate interest, or that of a third party, which justifies that we process the personal data concerned;
• the performance of a contract between you and us requires that we process the personal data concerned;
• we are required to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, which require the processing of the personal data concerned.
In addition to intentional collection of information, we may use various technologies – including cookies, web beacons and log files – to collect information passively or automatically.
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data sent by a website to your computer while you are browsing the Internet. Cookies are used (whether by us or other companies) for a variety of reasons. For example, if you go to a website you have visited before, cookies send information to that website so it can “remember” you. You have the option to receive an alert from your computer when a website wants to send you a cookie. You can also block all cookies. The setting for this can be found in your browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.). Web browsers are all different so we recommend you use your browser’s Help menu to find out how to change your cookie settings. If you block all cookies, you may encounter problems with access or features of certain services.
Web beacons: Web beacons are objects embedded in images on our website pages and in the emails we send to you. We may use web beacons for technical purposes, such as analysing browsing habits, traffic, customer interests and the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives. These technical methods may require information to be sent, either directly to us or to another party we have asked to collect information on our behalf.
Log files: Log files are files that record Internet activity and collect non-personal information when you visit or use our websites. Log files help us to record technical data or information on how our websites are used. We may use information in log files (e.g. an IP address along with your personal information) to resolve technical problems, ensure online security and to block or limit certain users’ access to our online services, if required.
We may use the information (all types combined) we collect about you for various purposes, such as to:
• Personalise and enhance your browsing experience and to allow us to offer the type of content and offers that might interest you
• Offer and provide products and services, and any solutions required
• Take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services
• Send you important messages, such as welcome letters, order confirmations, reminders or any other type of commercial or administrative notice
• Create and manage customers’ accounts and billing history
• Contact you about our products and services, and to tailor our special offers and promotions to your preferences, habits and requirements
• Track statistics about our websites and games
• Monitor the performance of our customer service employees
• Create your online account and recognise you when you try to log in
• Quickly process your requests for information
• Allow us to respond to your questions efficiently
• Organise a contest, promotion, survey or similar
• Send you advertising or other promotional material
• Allow us to share information about you within the limits provided by the applicable law and according to the full terms below
• Allow you to benefit from the loyalty program and avoid any fraud on this occasion
Subscription to the newsletter
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THE “NEWSLETTER”, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSE OF SENDING ELECTRONIC MESSAGES.
If you withdraw your consent, you will no longer be able to receive the newsletter.
Mandatory data are marked in the collection forms by an asterisk. If you do not provide mandatory data, the service associated with this collection may not be provided.
Other collection forms
BY FILLING OUT THE OTHER FORMS ON THE WEBSITE, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSE STATED ON THE FORM AND FOR BANDAI NAMCO TO RESPOND TO YOUR SUBMISSION.
If you withdraw your consent, BANDAI NAMCO may not be able to continue to provide our Services to you. Mandatory data are indicated in the collection forms by an asterisk. If you do not provide mandatory data, the service associated with this collection may not be provided.
The personal data that we collect, as well as those that will collect subsequently, are intended for us in our capacity as data controller.
We ensure that only authorised persons have access to these data. Our service providers can be recipients of these data to perform the services we entrust to them. Some personal data may be sent to third parties or to legally authorised authorities in order to meet our legal, regulatory or contractual obligations.
Your personal data may be aligned, combined or shared with all Bandai Namco Group entities.
BANDAI NAMCO may share your information, including (in some cases) your personal data and login credentials, in the following situations:
• When sharing your information with the BANDAI NAMCO family of companies, including its subsidiaries, parent company or international entities. This helps us to better understand who our global customers are, to improve our products around global trends, needs and interests, and to promote our products by using local resources tailored to each geographic region. Controllership of the personal information of minors under the age of 16 will not be sold or transferred to third parties without prior consent from parents or legal representatives.
Can third parties collect information from BANDAI NAMCO’s websites?
Under no circumstances can a third party collect your information through our websites. However, it is important to note that BANDAI NAMCO’s website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties, including advertisers and other content providers, and BANDAI NAMCO’s service providers to process payment. These websites may collect data or request personal data. In all cases, you are recommended to read the personal data protection policy of each of the websites concerned. BANDAI NAMCO has no control over these third-party websites, nor is it responsible for their content and respective privacy policies, nor any collection, use or disclosure of any information by these websites. In any event, BANDAI NAMCO shall not be held liable in the event that the content of one of these websites infringes the applicable laws and regulations in force.
Can third parties collect information from BANDAI NAMCO’s mobile apps?
When you use BANDAI NAMCO mobile apps, we may ask you to allow certain companies to collect data from BANDAI NAMCO mobile apps so that advertising can be displayed in BANDAI NAMCO mobile apps. In this situation, BANDAI NAMCO is not the data controller. In all cases, you are advised to read the personal data protection policy of each of the companies concerned. BANDAI NAMCO has no control over these companies, nor is it responsible for their content and respective privacy policies, nor any collection, use or disclosure of any information by these companies. In any event, BANDAI NAMCO shall not be held liable in the event that the content of one of these companies infringes the applicable laws and regulations in force.
We keep your personal data according to a retention policy determined so that data are kept for a period proportionate to the purpose for which they were collected, except where the applicable laws and regulations impose a different retention period.
The retention periods we apply to your personal data are proportionate to the purposes for which they were collected. Our data retention policy is organized as follows:
In all cases, if you do not respond to any of our requests within 3 years after our last contact, your personal data will be automatically deleted.
BANDAI NAMCO acknowledges that all personal data are subject to compliance with the legal framework applicable to the security of personal data.
BANDAI NAMCO undertakes to take the necessary measures to ensure the security of the processing of personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations.
Maintaining the security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented administrative, physical and technical security measures, with regard to the nature of the data we process and the risks of the processing, to preserve the security of the data and, in particular, prevent their alteration and damage, or access by non-authorised third parties. We also carry out periodic reviews of our security procedures with a view to implementing new and updated technologies where appropriate. However, despite the wide range of initiatives and measures in place, no security protocol is perfect, infallible or impenetrable.
If BANDAI NAMCO subcontracts all or part of the processing of personal data to processors, BANDAI NAMCO will require that its processors provide contractual guarantees on the security and confidentiality of personal data by means of technical data protection measures and appropriate human resources.
You also have a role to play in keeping your personal information safe. If you are asked to create a unique password to secure access to your account, choose one that would be impossible to guess and make sure you never share it with anyone. It is your responsibility to ensure your password and account information is always confidential. If you use a public or shared computer, turn off all settings and options that remember your login credentials and ensure you always log out of your account before leaving the computer.
Our websites allow you to access your login details (through the areas called “My Account”, “My Profile”, “My Settings” or similar names) and we may offer various options for updating your account and personal details within it. If these options are not offered on the website you are visiting, or if the request or change you want to make is not offered in these account management areas, you have several courses of action available to you:
• Opting out of BANDAI NAMCO communication and marketing – When registering or sending information, you may be given the option to subscribe to BANDAI NAMCO communication and marketing by ticking the box provided. Some initiatives or registrations may automatically generate certain messages (including marketing communication) when you send personal information (e.g. an email address in a registration form used for this sole purpose) or as part of performing an action that involves receiving messages (e.g. setting up a profile in your BANDAI NAMCO account). Our marketing communications also come with the option to opt out of all future marketing communications of the same type (e.g. option to unsubscribe). You just need to follow the steps to unsubscribe or the instructions contained in the marketing communication. Please note that even if you opt out of all marketing communication from BANDAI NAMCO, you may still receive communication from us, such as product news, account information and mandatory messages. You may also receive messages related to BANDAI NAMCO from friends or family members through their use of referral and sharing features or any other similar website service.
• Customer Service – For additional help, please contact Customer Service by phone, post or email using the contact details below
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure your contact details are accurate and up to date in your BANDAI NAMCO account (including your email address) and to inform us of any change or termination of your email account. BANDAI NAMCO accepts no liability for messages sent to the wrong address (e.g. to an account you no longer use), nor for any personal information shared with a third party as a result of any misdirected message.
Your right of information
In addition to this information and with the aim of ensuring fair and transparent processing of your data, you further acknowledge that you have received additional information concerning:
• the period for which your personal data will be kept;
• the existence of the rights which are granted to you and how you can exercise them.
If we decide to process data for purposes other than those indicated, all information relating to those new purposes will be communicated to you.
Your right of access to and rectification of your data
You have the right to access and rectify your personal data, which you can exercise at the following address: www.bandainamcoent.asia under account settings.
You will obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed and where this is the case, access to your data and the following information:
• the purposes of the processing;
• the categories of personal data concerned;
• the recipients or categories of recipient as well as the international organisations to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries;
• where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
• the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
• the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
• where the personal data are not collected from the data subjects, any available information as to their source;
• the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and in this case, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
You can ask us to, as the case may be, rectify or complete your personal data that are inaccurate, incomplete, equivocal or expired.
Your right to erasure of your data
You can ask us to erase your personal data where one of the following grounds applies:
• the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
• you withdraw the consent you have previously given;
• you object to the processing of your personal data and there is no legal reason for such processing;
• the processing of personal data does not comply with the provisions of the applicable laws and regulations.
However, the exercise of this right will not be possible when the retention of your personal data is necessary for compliance with the applicable laws and regulations and in particular for example for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of such information, we may not be able to continue to provide our Services to you.
Your right to restriction of processing
You may request restriction of processing of your personal data in the cases provided for by the applicable law and regulations.
Your right to object to data processing
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you when the processing is based on the legitimate interest of the controller.
Your right to data portability
You will have the right to portability of your personal data. The data on which this right can be exercised are:
• only your personal data, which excludes anonymised personal data or data that do not concern you;
• declarative personal data and personal data relating to our functioning as mentioned above;
• personal data which do not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others such as those protected by trade secrets.
This right is limited to processing based on consent or contract as well as to personal data that you have personally generated.
This right does not include derived or inferred data, which are personal data created by BANDAI NAMCO.
Your right to withdraw your consent
When the data processing we carry out is based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. We will then stop processing your personal data but this will have no impact on the previous transactions based on the consent you gave before the withdrawal, subject to compliance with the statutory and regulatory obligations which requires data retention to which we are subject. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of such information, we may not be able to continue to provide our Services to you.
Your right to define post-mortem directives
You can give instructions in relation to the storage, erasure and communication of your personal date after your death to a certified trusted third party in charge of enforcing the wishes of the deceased in compliance with the applicable legal framework.
How to exercise your rights?
Regarding the exercise of your right of information, we are not required to provide you with information where:
• you already possess the information;
• the recording or disclosure of your personal data is expressly laid down by the applicable law;
• the provision of information to you proves to be impossible;
• the provision of information to you would involve a disproportionate effort.
Your personal data are communicated to us to be able to enter into the contract allowing you in particular to play our games. As part of that, you are likely to be the subject of direct marketing.
In this context, if you refuse to provide us with your personal data, you may not be able to benefit from our online services.
Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia
9 Raffles Place #13-20
Unless specifically requested by you, the personal information sent to the email or postal address above will not be used to send you marketing communication.
Last updated: 14 December 2020